About the Victim Services Unit
The Victim Services Team
One of the most critical functions of the Attorney General’s Office is to assist victims of the crimes for which the Office is seeking justice.
Our work is guided by the Rhode Island Constitution and state statute that guarantee specific rights for victims of crimes. We strive to help victims navigate and participate in the felony process, while ensuring that their rights are protected. These efforts include notification and information sharing, court accompaniment, and other support services.
We are here to help.
Our goal is to be a resource for victims - to answer questions, to provide support, and to keep them informed. A member of our team will be there with victims throughout the entire process.
The Victim Services Team can:
• Share information about a victim’s rights, guaranteed under the law.
• Keep victims informed about the status of their case.
• Translate the “language” and process of the criminal justice system.
• Provide information about the RI Crime Victims’ Compensation Fund.
• Help with crime-related problems with employers.
• Put victims in touch with community organizations that help with financial, legal, medical, emotional support and counseling needs.
• Assist with property return.
Have you registered with VOICE?
VOICE is a new online system that streamlines service delivery and allows state agencies to better serve victims of crime in Rhode Island. VOICE offers victims the transparency of real-time case data in a safe, secure environment.
How to get started
1. Register with VOICE by logging into your account here. Login information is included in your notification letter. If you do not have log in information, contact RIAG Victim Services at (401)-274-4400, prompt 7.
2. Once registered, log into the VOICE system anytime to:
- Access important links and information about your rights and the criminal justice process
- Add and update your contact information in a secure environment
- Get 24/7, web-enabled access to your case information – including case sheet, events, offender, and restitution data – throughout the life of the case
- Sign up to receive case-related email alerts
- Submit Victim Impact Statements and Business Statements of Loss electronically
- Apply for Crime Victim Compensation and track application status
- View Crime Victim Compensation Program claim information