Civil & Community Rights

civil rights HR

The Civil & Community Rights Unit is part of the Public Protection Bureau, which ensures that civil rights matters are addressed with the level of scrutiny and professionalism that all communities deserve, whether pursued criminally or civilly.

To report civil rights violations, hate crimes, or incidents of police misconduct or excessive use of force, file a complaint online or call (401) 274-4400 [option 4]. Please note that filing this complaint, you must contact the Rhode Island State Police or your local police department.